Friday, November 11, 2005

Remedial Measures



I started early on Veteran's Day, which was a holiday. I had decided to try to remove the side/angled nails from the joist hangers. I tried a couple of different tools - it was difficult to get access/grip on those nails! Then, I used the STANLEY 55-515 Wonder Bar Pry Bar. Wow! I soon hit upon a technique which extracted the nails like one would remove push pins by hand!

I extracted nails out of 8 joist hangers. I then cut small shims out of Pandya's material - the Mitre Saw was great here as well.

When Uncle and Reddy came to help out, we leveled the joists using the shims, double checked with a 4' level, and hammered the side nails back in place.

Whew - that was easier than I expected, and a big relief!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home