Thursday, November 03, 2005

Joists: Oct 30 - Nov 3, 2005

Oct 30: Gorgeous and extremely fruitful day! In the morning, I drilled 3/8" holes and installed carriage bolts attaching the girder beams firmly to the posts. I also drilled 1/2" holes and installed carriage bolts attaching the posts to the post anchors. Ajmal & Uncle came over. Uncle marked approximate joist positions on the girders. I sawed the posts flush with the girders. We then placed one end of each joist on the ledger board and rested the opposite side on the girder beams.

Oct 31: Another gorgeous day - we were lucking out this Fall! I hammered in all the side nails on each joist on the ledger board end.

Nov 1: I took the day off. Manisha is off on Tuesdays. Together, we nailed the joists to the girder beams using twist anchors. We also positioned the end joist, and screwed it to each joist. We did a lot of measuring to keep things square. It started raining just after we finished up. It was another memorable and fruitful day - the framing looked nearly complete!!

Nov 2: I started hammering framing braces where the joists met the end joist. I got half done.

Nov 3: I completed hammering in the framing braces where the joists met the end joist. The framing was complete. The Richland municipality building code inspector took a look and approved.

PHASE I (FRAMING) IS NOW COMPLETE!











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home